Come Stay With Us
Get the most out of your visit
What will you study? Where will you study?
One-to-one home tuition, or in a small group, with homestay, in your teacher’s home is the most effective way to develop language skills in a short period of time.
Preparation for all examinations are possible: IELTS, All Cambridge exams (ESOL, FCE, CAE, CPE, BULATS,) etc., and Trinity Exams etc.,
Or, if you want to improve your speaking, pronunciation, listening, reading and writing – this is okay too!
You can choose how many hours per week that you want English lessons. You can choose how many hours, activities and free-time you want to have.
- 10 hours per week (2 hours – Monday to Friday)
- 15 hours per week (3 hours – Monday to Friday)
- 20 hours per week (4 hours – Monday to Friday)
- 25 hours per week (5 hours – Monday to Friday)
- Weekends are free for fun and activities.
Fun, cultural and historical trips:
Where will you study?
- In a converted stables, (light, with large windows and class doors), consisting of two classrooms.
- Either one to one or in a small group – (maximum of 4 students).
- Classrooms are equipped with computers; English games, selection of all levels of books, Skype; links to English programmes; authentic materials and all levels of work books.
- Students can bring their own computers.
- There is a computer for students’ use.
- You will be assessed on the first day to ensure that I will teach you at the right level – (Assessment Test). This will be both grammar, writing and speaking. Do not worry – you cannot fail. This is for my benefit so that I know what you need to be taught and to revise.
- Also, your progress is monitored from day one and you will receive regular feedback throughout your course.
What you will study?
- If you are preparing for an exam, or increasing your English skills, you will be taught: (speaking (pronunciation), listening, reading and writing). You will be given all the necessary work books.
- Speaking – (depending on your level) you will be asked to talk about yourself, speak on various topics, argue for an against a selection of topics.
- Appropriate games; vocabulary lists and images will help you increase your speaking skills.
- Listening – you will listen to various levels of text from the BBC; news reports, podcasts and EFL listening videos.
- Reading – you will read various texts and levels of English: BBC, news reports, etc.
- Pronunciation – your pronunciation will be checked to ensure that your English speaking is: clear, understandable and your English stress and tone is correct.
- Writing – you will learn how to write using the correct tense, adjectives, adverbs and collocations and ensure that you are writing appropriate interesting text.
- You can bring your own workbooks with you to class.
When you leave:
- You will receive a report which will give you your level of your English, in line with CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for English).
- A WLS (Weekly Learning Sheet) which tells you your assessment level – the level of your first day test.
- A WLS (Weekly Learning Sheet) which tells you what you have been taught, or revised, on each hour and day of your classroom work, and homework completed and marked.
- Links to various news reports, articles, podcasts, links etc., to practice at home.
- A Rye School of English Certificate.
Click below to enquire or call us on 01580 243210
What some of our former pupils think….
Hope you’re doing well. Today I got my a level results and I got A* in psychology and A in both biology and chemistry and I’m going to study medicine at Brighton and Sussex medical school.
I just wanted to let you know and thank you again for helping me
Lessons: Very interesting. I love the exercises on the computer. I progress a lot.
Activities: I love swimming pool, croquet and other sport. I love Monopoly, it’s very funny. The tennis it’s very cool.
Trips: It’s very cool because I love shopping and visited the city next to the house.
Food: The breakfast is very good (Nutella, yoghurt, apple juice…) The Indian was very nice.
My daughter is really enjoying her lessons with Helen and I can see the positive impact.
A big thank you!
Primary – School Mums
Lessons: The lessons were very good, were very interactive. The activities were very original and I like this.
Now I know a lot of new words. I understand a lot of English sentences.
Activities: I love swimming, I swam a lot of time in the big swimming pool. I played volley ball a bit but it was great.
We cycled down Frogs Lane. We played tennis and we climbed on the tree.
Trips: It’s very cool because I love shopping and visited the city next to the house.
Food: The food was great. I like chips. The pizza was great but not pineapple pizza, I’m Italian. The meat was good and I liked the breakfast.
I want to said (say to) you many thanks for your patient (patience..), thanks for your explications (explanations..) and thanks
for giving me the opportunity to learn English in this beautiful way. You are the best teacher of English than I have ever had.
Many thanks for all. Really.
Dear Julie and Tim,
I hope you are both well and thought you might just like to know how my son did in his A levels.
A – Biology, B – History and C – Physics
He is now applying to UCL to study for a BSc in Crime and Security Science in 2022.
Thanks once again for the help you gave him with English and Physics, and we wish you all the very best for the future.
I just want to thank you for my wonderful stay with you! It has been very useful and interesting!
I mean our trips, our lessons together but first our friendship!! I’ll never forget you!
Thank you so much for this great experience… hope to see you in the next future. Please, say hallo to the rest of your family…
I like swimming, the London trip, “Go Ape” and Julie dancing at the pub! Tennis with Jean and John.
I like the exercises… (English File listening, speaking, grammar and reading)…. on the computer and Practical English.
I love Nutella!
Thank you, Julie, for your English lessons back to (in) Rye, and in your beautiful house,
as I passed the interview with Amazon EU and US management and I communicate every day in English.
Apolline is now at home and fine
Thank you again for the great time she had with you last two weeks and thank you for all progress my daughter did in English with you and happy moments she had in your home with your family.
Jean-Philippe & Hélène
Thank you. Freya is really enjoying the sessions 💪💪
Freya’s Mum (KS2 Primary Maths student)
What Will You Study?
We offer friendly teaching for students in the UK and from all over the world. Tuition is available for Primary, Secondary and A-Level students.
Also, preparation for all exams: IELTS; TOEFL; BULATS; Trinity ESOL; Cambridge English (PET to Advanced).
Rye School of English is perfectly situated in the peaceful ‘Garden of England’ Kent countryside, yet within excellent proximity to all the amenities the South East of England has to offer.
Our school is located in a peaceful 18th century farmhouse, surrounded by woodland and countryside. We are five minutes from the perfect English market town of Tenterden – known as ‘The Jewel of the Weald’ – which has many excellent restaurants, pubs, cafes and shops.
Julie Wren qualifications: Degree in English Literature and History
Certificate in Education (City & Guilds)
Teaching qualifications: TESOL teacher (Diploma in TESOL from Canterbury Christ Church).
Helen’s qualifications: Five A2 levels: Mathematic, Further Mathematic, Law, Economics, English Literature. BSc degree in Mathematic.
Timothy Wren: Dr of Engineering and Applied Mathematics.Eur Ing Dr Timothy J Wren BSc (Hons) MSc DPhil CEng CMath MIET MIMA MIEEE.
Other ways you can learn with us…
We offer three ways you can learn that offer you the flexibility to choose which approach suits you: personal teaching, online teaching and residential teaching.
Not sure which is for you? Then call us for a chat about your requirements on 01580 243210
We offer preparation for all examination boards (SATS, 11+, Kent Exams etc.) in: English, Mathematics, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
We offer preparation for all examination boards (AQA, Edexcel etc.) in: GCSE English Language, Literature, Media Studies and Mathematics.
We offer preparation for all examination boards (AQA, Edexcel etc.) in AS and A2 exams in: English Language, Literature, Media Studies and Mathematics.
Rye School of English are proud to sponsor Bowler Crab Partnership
“Why Will?” the new production at Half House Farm
“A big thanks to Stephen John, and Bowler Crab, for entertaining us with such diverse and brilliant Shakespeare experiences! Just try yourself!”
Tim and Julie Wren. Rye School of English are Platinum Patrons They joined in 2017
“Without Tim and Julie’s support, we would have really struggled to get our productions advertised at all, so enormous thanks must go to them for being the first to join the patrons programme.”
Stephen John (Bowler Crab Director & Founder).